The Patient Participation Group (PPG) at Richmond Medical was set up when we moved into our new premises at the Acorn Centre at the end of 2011. We are meeting regularly on the second Monday of every month for an hour. All are welcome and the meeting is normally attended by a variety of patients, Dr Ford, assistant practice manager Rachael McColm, lead nurse Carol Thompson and one of our receptionists, with other guests when appropriate.
The next meeting will be
14.00-15.00 on Monday 7th April 2014
We will soon be surveying patients about the use of interpreters in the near future. Details of the survey are available from reception.
Online Access to Appointments and Ordering of Repeat Prescriptions
Online access to appointments and ordering of repeat prescriptions is now available, as requested by patients who answered our previous survey. To sign on, please ask at reception and we can give you your internet password.
Mr Eric Shaw – Our first patient to sign on for online access at January’s Patient Participation group meeting
Priorities for 2012/13
- Booking an appointment:
- Online access is now available as above, and a steady trickle of patients are signing on: led by members of our PPG
- The PPG have decided to work on producing information for patients about use of health services including
- pharmacist for minor ailments and advice
- nurse for well person checks & chronic disease management
- doctor for undiagnosed illness and major problems
- local urgent care/minor injury unit
- hospital A&E
- How to help non-English speaking patients
- We have appointed an Urdu/Punjabi speaking receptionist as a result of patient opinion
- we are exploring options for translation during consultations
3. Health problems patients would like to know more about
- We have developed and put up our first multi cultural patient education poster about eczema management in the ‘I’ve done it: so can you’ campaign